- Lovense sex toys are the culmination of more than 10 years of research, development, and countless man-hours. How did this journey begin? Well, in 2009, founder Dan Liu was in a long-distance relationship. Lack of sexual intimacy was a serious problem and therefore sparked an interest in teledildonics.
- The following year, Remote Pleasure was born. It was a revolutionary remote control vibrator which used Skype to control it from distance - one of the first of its kind. It pleased thousands of couples all over the world. But, we knew we could improve.
- Between 2011 and 2012, research continued and prototypes of the first two-way interactive, teledildonic sex toys were built. However, the design and technology wasn't up to our standards. We went back to the drawing board and utilized smartphone Bluetooth technology, which is the basis of our current toys.
- First released in late 2013, Max and Nora were the first app-based, sex tech toys of their kind. Nora was the first Bluetooth rabbit vibrator and Max was the first Bluetooth male masturbator. Over time, we've continually optimized both the software and the hardware to ensure they are one of the top options for people in long-distance relationships.
- Since releasing Max and Nora, we have always been interested in expanding our product line. Based on our own bad experiences with wearable Bluetooth vibrators and traditional remote control vibrators, we decided to focus on a toy for public play. We spent over a year testing and optimizing before launch to ensure it didn't have the same issues as other products on the market. In mid-2015, we finally launched Lush, a powerful remote control bullet vibrator which has tons of features via our new app. The response was amazing – it raised over $100,000 on the IndieGogo crowdfunding platform!
- Our intention was to launch an egg vibrator and a Bluetooth butt plug at the same time, but things just didn't work out. The plug was giving us so many issues during development, and the launch date was constantly pushed back. After more than 18 months of development, we were finally able to launch in mid-2016 and the response was incredible. We raised over $200,000 in pre-orders via IndieGogo. One of the most successful sex toy crowdfunding efforts ever!
- 2017 was a successful year for us. We doubled our product line by launching four new products: Ambi, a bullet vibrator with a unique design; Edge, our adjustable prostate massager; Domi, a super powerful mini wand; and Osci, an oscillating G-spot toy! We raised over $327,000 in pre-orders via Indiegogo over 10 months and, after completing the campaign, launched all products on our official store. Also, our software development team released two new apps!"
- While launching new toys, we also think about how to improve other aspects of user experience. So, we started 2018 with
another launch! Lovense USB Bluetooth Adapter was created by our team to exclusively connect any Lovense toy to a
Windows PC in just a few, easy steps!
- The original Lush love egg evolved into Lush 2, including an improved antenna, longer battery life, greater motor strength, better connectivity, and a more convenient button placement – all this from valuable customer feedback.
- Domi is a super powerful “mini” wand that has even more pleasure possibilities when used with the Female and Male Attachments. Carefully customized extensions deliver maximum pleasure.
- After creating a rich and varied collection of sex toys, we decided to offer a Water-Based Lubricant and make sure our customers can shop for all their sex toy related essentials in our official store. It is the perfect choice not only when using toys, but also during other intimate activities.
- The Lovense masturbator has got the extensive upgrade it deserves - and we are thrilled to finally introduce Max 2! After receiving fantastic feedback from our customers, we have completely changed the exterior design, sleeve, and other internal, hardware-related features. Now, users can experience 360-degree contractions and a redesigned vibrator!
- Thanks to our dedicated users, Osci received lots of feedback and we worked hard on bringing a new and improved Osci 2 into your bedroom with these tune-ups: a stronger motor, improved head shape, a more comfortable toy angle, a drastically improved battery life (up to 5 hours!), improved connectivity, and a new charging method!
- We started 2020 with the very exciting release of Domi 2! It has multiple advancements; starting with a revised design that makes the toy more comfortable to hold. Our team made sure to update the antenna and use a new generation Bluetooth chip that significantly improves connectivity. Finally, the most exciting advancement is a bigger battery that extends the wand’s life by almost three times!